Language Proficiency Assessment – Available in over 45 languages
This assessment tests how well a candidate speaks their secondary language. CyraCom designed this assessment using the standards established by the Interagency Language Roundtable (ILR), a US federal organization that coordinates and shares information about language-related activities.
It tests a candidate’s:
- Cultural Appropriateness and Functional Expertise
Interpreter Skills Assessment – Available in over 20 languages
Our Interpreter Skills Assessment tests how well a candidate can interpret clinical-themed messages between their two working languages. It also assesses their medical vocabulary knowledge.
The test takes 20-40 minutes over the phone and covers:
- Interpretation from English into the target language
- Interpretation from the target language into English
- Medical vocabulary in both languages
We recommend these assessments for:
Interpreter Skills Development Development Course
This course teaches participants effective interpretation techniques. We send a CyraCom trainer to your location for a three-day, in-person, 24-hour course that covers:
- Interpreter ethics, standards, and protocols
- Session management techniques
- Cultural responsiveness
- Avoiding common interpretation errors
- Professional development resources
- Terminology development
- Short-term memory and note-taking skills
Participants who complete this course successfully will learn the ethics, standards, and protocols needed to be a qualified interpreter.